A Community of Givers

In 1947, TVT founder, Irving “Papa” Gelman, immigrated to America on a donation of $5.60.  In 1991, Papa Gelman founded TVT despite the odds of being told he could not raise enough funds. Opening with just 36 children, TVT has grown to nearly 600 students and over 580 Alumni.  A donation of only $5.60 has multiplied to impact so many.  Imagine what your gift to Lion’s Pride can do! 

When you join the TVT community, you become a member of a close family of parents, students, alumni, faculty, staff, and friends. Lifetime friendships are formed with a shared vision to ensure the continuity of TVT’s mission to provide an outstanding education rooted in Jewish values and identity.

As we celebrate over 25 years of excellence in education, TVT has remained faithful to Papa Gelman’s vision and is grateful for the long history of philanthropy and the generous spirit that exists within our community.

Through your financial support, TVT can fulfill its mission, expand its vision and provide exceptional opportunities and resources for our students that will continue L’dor V’dor – from generation to generation.

    • TVT Lion's Pride Annual Fund

Giving Levels

L’dor V’dor Generation to Generation $54,000 +
Tikkun Olam Repair the World $36,000 - $53,999
Chai Life $18,000 - $35,999
Tzedek Justice $10,000 - $17,999
Kavod Respect $ 5,000 - $9,999
Emmet Truth $ 3,600 - $4,999
Chesed Kindness $ 1,800 - $3,599
Klal Yisrael Community Up to $1,799

Thank you for your tzedakah!

TVT is a non-profit organization.  Gifts are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Tax ID:  95-3374189

For more information, please contact the Development Office at:  

Lions Pride Annual Fund

We encourage you to make a thoughtful and meaningful gift to the TVT's Annual Fund. Giving to Lion’s Pride Annual Fund ensures that our academic programs are strengthening, our Jewish life is becoming richer and our community is flourishing. The annual fund provides mission-critical support for all TVT students and helps to balance the annual budget.

The Lion’s Pride Annual Fund is the top priority to meet the school’s operating budget.   Tuition covers less than 75% of our expenses, and the other 25% must be raised through charitable giving. Lion’s Pride Annual Fund provides important resources that benefit every student and help maintain the affordability of an excellent Jewish education.  In addition to enhanced educational programs, technology, arts and athletics, the annual fund supports professional development programs to attract and retain the best faculty and to maintain low student/teacher ratios.  

Lion’s Pride Annual Fund encourages 100% participation from our community. Every gift makes a difference!

List of 6 items.

  • Cash, Check or Credit

    To Make a gift

    • Checks payable to Tarbut V’Torah Community Day School

      Tarbut V’Torah Community Day School
      Advancement Office
      5 Federation Way, Irvine, CA 92603

    • By phone:  Call Advancement at 949-509-9500
  • In-Kind Gifts

    Items such as computers, copiers, supplies, and services may be donated to TVT. IRS regulations state that the valuation of each gift is the responsibility of the donor.
  • Matching Gifts

    Want to double or triple your impact?  See if your company offers the benefit of a matching gift.  Request the form from your employer and send it completed with your gift.  We’ll take care of the rest!
  • Planned Gifts - Life & Legacy Society

    The Life & Legacy Society is the ultimate and most long-lasting gift through your estate. Leaving a portion of your estate to TVT greatly reduces estate taxes while still providing for your heirs and enabling TVT to grow L'dor V'dor, from generation to generation. Legacy gifts include bequests, retirement assets, life insurance, charitable trusts and annuities.  For more information, please contact the Advancement Office, (949) 509-9500.
  • Real Estate

    Real estate can provide a gift that allows the donor to realize a tax deduction, avoid capital gains taxes, retain lifetime occupancy for herself or himself and/or another person and provide support for TVT.
  • Stock

    Gifts of long-term appreciated stock and marketable securities are also tax-deductible. If your gift of stock is one you have owned for more than a year, you may qualify to deduct the full market value of the stock as a charitable contribution, while avoiding capital gains taxes. Remember to transfer the stock directly to TVT. Selling first and contributing cash will trigger a capital gains tax. The value of your contribution will be calculated by averaging the high and low of the stock on the date the gift is completed.
TVT Community Day School is a TK-12 Independent Community Day School in Irvine, CA
Founded in Loving Memory of Naomi Gelman Weiss